Congratulations to John Reid and Matthew Rout - their paper "Getting to know your food: the insights of indigenous thinking in food provenance" has just been published (online first) in Agriculture and Human Values (Journal of the Agriculture, Food and Human Values Society) - and is available here.
NZSD research team members will be speaking in the next few months at the following conferences
- 22-26 June 2015 - Peter Green will present the power analysis package to the SEEM 2015 (Statistics in Ecology and Environmental Monitoring conference) in Queenstown.
- 8-10 July 2015 - Charles Merfield is an invited speaker to the Organic Winegrowers New Zealand annual conference (Organic Biodynamic and Winegrowing conference) in Marlborough.
- 29 July 2015
Jon Manhire will speak at the Global GAP Tour (part of HortNZ conference) – in Rotorua.
- 26th to 28th August 2015 - Catriona MacLeod and Henrik Moller will be co-speakers at the plenary session of the NETS 2015 conference, New Zealand Biosecurity Institute, in Dunedin.
10 June 2015:
At a Landcare Research Link seminar (DoC, Wellington), Catriona MacLeod has talked about a project "Building Trustworthy Biodiversity Indicators" which explores three key challenges in developing such indicators:
• understanding what matters to people,
• determining how to collect and use biodiversity data
• working out how to report and communicate biodiversity information
Catriona’s LINK presentation can be accessed online.
26 May 2015:
Jon Manhire was a speaker at the Primary Industry summit, in Wellington, Te papa, in the debate “Is New Zealand’s primary industry doing enough to protect the environment?” - Facilitated by: Rod Oram, Business Journalist. Other speakers: Ian MacKenzie, Environment Spokesperson, Federated Farmers, Mike Joy, Scientist, Massey University.
Congratulations to our Industry partner Trevelyan's. They take lead in sustainability!
Trevelyan’s has just released its first sustainability report, based on the current fourth generation (G4) of GRI, the world’s leading international framework for corporate responsibility reporting. Read more.
25 March 2015:
Prof Henrik Moller has described progress to establish the New Zealand Sustainability Dashboard at the AGM of Clutha Agricultural Development Board at the BALCLUTHA Town and Country club - Otago.
His speech title was: “Assessing your farm’s sustainability: a bureaucratic burden or a chance to learn and earn?”
24 March 2015:
At a Landcare Research Link seminar (MfE, Wellington), Peter Bellingham from Landcare Research, has provided background and history of biodiversity monitoring and reporting in New Zealand and discuss the opportunities for building on the tools already available, including NZSD project, to deliver a connected and comprehensive biodiversity reporting system.
Peter Bellingham’s LINK presentation can be accessed online.